Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pike Place Market

On Wednesday morning we checked out of the hotel and went in search of some breakfast. We ended up at a cute little Italian Cafe near the water and the food was really good. After breakfast we found the boys some t-shirts before going to Pike Place. I've wanted to go there since I worked at Wells Fargo and they showed us a video about the 'Flying Fish'. I think it was in an effort to get us all to have better attitutes at work but I was just watching the fish getting thrown around.
It's a really interesting atmosphere there, with a lot of different and diverse people. There were venders set up in the market place selling everything from fresh fruits and vegetables, honey, Pike Place t-shirts and bags, to dolls, belts, and jewlery. There was even a man playing a piano and another guy dancing on the street corner. I think he was trying to sell newspapers.



Jeff and a lot of bratwurst and Italian sausages. Dad would be in heaven!


This is a Monk Fish. I think it looks absolutley nasty.


Whole Squid and Atlantic Mackarel

Live Jumbo Pacific Oysters

Whole Cooked Dungeness Crab

No comments: