But, I walked over two miles until I got to the Space Needle and the Experience Music Project. It wasn't so bad because I rode the monorail back to the hotel and I got to see a lot of the city and go in little shops I wouldn't have found otherwise.
In the Experience Music Project photography is only allowed in the common areas, not in the galleries. I had a hard time not taking pictures! Especially when I was about three feet away from two of Jimi Hendrix's guitars and his actual guitar strap.
There was also an exhibit called "Guitar Gallery" that showed the evolution of the electric and acoustic guitar from 1770 to the present. There were over 50 rare and some one-of-a-kind guitars on display.
I also liked the "Northwest Passage" gallery. You learn about the artists that came from the Seattle area like Kurt Cobain, Nirvana, Quincy Jones, Heart, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and The Kingsmen. There are even articles of clothing on display that some of the artists wore. There are set lists and song lyrics that were handwritten by Kurt Cobain, The Presidents of the United States of America, and more.
This is called 'Roots and Branches-if VI were IX'. It's a 35foot 'tree' made of 600 guitars. There are banjos, keyboards, and I even saw an accordian in there. The instruments actually play themselves. It was created by Seattle artist Trimpin.

This is the Beatles' famous Green Apple.

Gene Simmon's outfit and guitar.

Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain memorabilia.
No comments:
Post a Comment