They all then started complaining about how they don't like Valentine's Day because it's no fun if you don't have a 'boyfriend'. A boyfriend? Really? At 12? So I told them it's not about boyfriends and girlfriends or just for people 'in love'. I told them it's a day to show the people you care about that you appreciate them or to let your friends know you're thankful for their friendship. Or it can be a day to do something like what we'd just done, I'm sure the widows that we'd just visited really appreciated the knowledge that someone was thinking of them. One of the girls said that earlier that day she and her sisters went to their older sister's house who is married and recently had a baby. While their sister was at work they cleaned her entire house. Then she said that sometimes 'Love is the perfect gift'. I couldn't have said it better myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment