I realized I haven't posted much on Ethan and Kamden lately, so here's a little of what they've been up to.
The three of us go to Music & Movement time every Thursday at the Library. I can't wait for it to warm up so that we can walk like we did in the summer when we went to storytime. Storytime is every Tuesday at the Library but we haven't made it to both for quite awhile. It's less stressful to just go to one or the other, so we chose the Music & Movement one because the boys seem to enjoy that a little more since there's dancing, singing, and lots of different little activities. Ethan sort of stands back and watches for awhile before he'll get involved but Kamden wants down immediatley and starts wandering through the group, investigating things and dancing to the music. It's interesting to see how different their personalities are.
They both had check-ups with the pediatrician on Tuesday this week and I've determined that no one should take their children to the doctor unless they are already sick. They were both perfectly fine on Tuesday but, after playing with the toys in the waiting room, they now have coughs and runny noses like you wouldn't believe. I'm begining to wonder if my kids even have immune systems or if I'm just failing miserably at keeping them healthy.
Ethan's favorite phrase right now is "You know what?" as in "Kamden, you know what?" Pause. "I'm three." He also likes the word "Probably" only he pronounces it "Probly". If I ask him a question like "Ethan, are you ready to go to the Library?" His response is "Probly...yes." He calls himself my 'helper' and is really good at being one. He even unloaded the silverware from the dishwasher this morning. It was all in there because yesterday he got a little bag out and put every fork and spoon in the bag. There's an empty cardboard box in the closet and he uses it as his 'car'. He'll prop it up and lay underneath it and use the utinsels for his 'car tools' even though he has actual play tools he could use instead of dirtying all of the silverware. But at least he's using his imaginiation!
Kamden is talking nonstop, though I can't comprehend about 95% of what he says. He can say "Mama" :) "No" "Uh-oh" "Dog" "Ba-Ba" "Thank You" he tries to say "Book" and his favorite word is "DaDa" or "Da" for short. He gets really excited when his daddy gets home from work and spends the day looking for him while Jeff is gone. He is deffinatley a 'Daddy's Boy'. He likes to play with dinosaurs and he'll bring them to us and say "Rar!" and he pushes little cars around on the floor while trying to make the 'Vroom' sound. He runs all over the place and now it's debatable between the boys as far as who's trying to keep up with who.
They both had really good check-ups (minus the runny noses and cough results). Ethan is in the 90th percentile for height which means that only 10% of boys his age are taller than him. His weight is in the 50th percentile because he's a skinny little thing but eats like there's no tomorrow. The doctor said he's right on track and everything sounds and looks great.
Kamden is also tall for his age but he's deffinatley a sturdy little guy. He weighs about 9 pounds less than his big brother and sometimes it seems like Ethan is lighter when I pick them up. Maybe Ethan will be our 'Basketball Guy' like he says and Kamden will be a 'Football Guy'.
Ethan loves sports and this summer we might get him involved in something in the community. Jeff coaches the Young Men's basketball games on Tuesday nights and Ethan always looks forward to going with his dad and watching 'Dad's basketball guys'. He says when he grows up he's going to be like 'Daddy, Brian, Jeff, Joe, Ryan, Grandpa... and Basketball Guys'. Looks like I'd better start enjoying sports!
Kamden got a little farm and some animals from his Grandma & Grandpa Stoker for Christmas and his Uncle Brian taught him that the cow says "Moo" so he's been carrying that cow around and mooing at everyone. He also really likes a little cap gun that his Uncle Jeff gave the boys a few months ago. One of his favorite snacks is graham crackers and I never saw anyone make such a mess with one little cracker!
So that's what they've been up to while waiting for the sun to come out and make it warm enough to go out and play. Hopefully the warm weather will put an end to all of these colds! I'm begining to wonder if I'm solely responsible for keeping the cold medicine and tissue industry in business this season.
1 comment:
Sounds like they are both growing like weeds. How fun, yet very busy.
Post a Comment