
.jpg)
This weekend it was PAINT, PAINT, PAINT! A few weeks ago I told Jeff that all I want for Valentine's Day was for the trim and upstairs bedroom doors to be painted, put up, and finished. (Kind of unromantic, I know, but it makes me happy!) So, on Saturday Jeff hauled the trim and the doors up to my parents' house so he could work in their big shop, and he worked ALL DAY painting. I stayed at home and painted the trim around Kamden's bedroom window, the downstairs bathroom door, and the trim around the windows in both bathrooms. It was a big project, especially with Ethan and Kamden running around. But they look really good and now I feel like I'm motivated to do some other projects that I've been meaning to get to. The next one will be to paint the laundry room and I'm hoping to do that this week. The doors and trim are ready to be put up and then the upstairs will be done except for a banister and railing on the stairs, which will be Jeff's next project. I have lots of painting to do downstairs, mostly touch ups and that kind of thing. Then when it warms up we'll do some work outside and it'll be on the market in May. I don't know if I'll miss this house or not, if it sells, because it's been a frustrating (and expensive) process, but I've literally put blood, sweat, and tears into it.
I found this picture of us painting last June or July (I was 4 1/2 months pregnant with Kamden, and my family tried to talk me out of painting, but I promised to wear that mask, even though it was annoying and rubbed my face). But in the picture you can see what the house looked like before we got started on it. Unfortunatley, we'd already ripped out the hideous blue carpet, so you can't see that. But if you look past me, you can see into the kitchen, and it was NOT pretty. If you haven't already seen the 'after' pictures, you can look at one of my very first posts titled 'Our House' and see some of the work we've done.
No comments:
Post a Comment