Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mommy's Little Helpers



We're still getting lots of snow dumped on us, so the boys and I are pretty much stuck inside all day. We did make it out to Music Time at the Library today but, for the most part, we're here at the house and sometimes the boys find some creative ways to occupy their time. This week they've been overly interested in the tupperware bowls and lids and I've found them strewn from the kitchen and into the TV room. But at least it's keeping Kamden out of the toilet and the garbage can, which have been his latest obsession. No matter how many times I remind Ethan that the toilet needs to be closed after he's gone to the bathroom, without fail their are moments that he forgets as he hurries to wash his hands and return to play. And somehow Kamden has a sixth sense for these moments and makes a mad dash for the bathroom, where he explores the toilet and laughs at the splashing sounds his hands can make in the water. GROSS! Then, upon being discovered at this act of mischief, he looks up at me and says "Uh-oh" and shakes his head as I take him over to the sink to scrub his hands. I suppose I'd rather be picking up tupperware all day than having my one-year-old playing in the toilet.

No comments: