The boys are so excited for school this year!
They started on Tuesday & had a back-to-school night on Monday.
Ethan told me at least 4 times how excited he was.
It's funny because this is the first year that Ethan is the only Ethan in his class but he has a Camden in his class & Kamden has a Camden in his class, too. I guess I should've gone with a 'C' instead of a 'K'.
Ethan was looking forward to riding the bus to school Tuesday morning but wanted me to walk him to the bus stop, just down the street from our house...until we walked out the front door & he spotted his friends walking to the bus stop, at which point he ran off & called over his shoulder "Bye, Mom!"
I had just gotten in the shower when Ethan came back in to tell me that the bus didn't come & all the kids went home & got in their cars. So I had to jump out, get all 3 kids in the car (which no one was very happy about) & take Ethan to school. But just as I was pulling out of the subdivision, there was the bus...only 15 minutes late. But I wasn't going to have Ethan be the only kid on the bus, so we took him & he told us good-bye as he jumped out of the car. Kamden & Owen insisted that I roll down the windows so they could yell "BYE ETHAN!!!" until we pulled away.
Ethan was embarrassed & only waved once.
Kamden is in the afternoon Kindergarten class & Owen & I waited with him until the bell rang. When he went inside he didn't even glance over his shoulder.
He was ready.
Owen, however, wasn't & the whole way back to the car he said "I want my boys back, Mom." And asked "Who's gonna play toys with me?"
I told him I would play toys with him, but it turns out that he's a little bit bossy. We went to the bank & the grocery store while he made me sing everything that he did, listing our family members & where they were, including "Daddy's at wo-ork, Ethan's at schoo-ool, Kamden's at schoo-ool, Grandma's at wo-ork, Mom's in hers ca-AR, Grandpa's at WOOO-oork, Uncle Wade's at wooooo-ooork, Owen's goin to the BA-ank..."
I'm sure it will be a hit someday.
He is a lot more talkative without his brothers around & we've had some pretty interesting conversations. I told him that when the boys start school, he is done with diapers. He does really well for awhile but then he tries to remind me that he's not a big boy, he's a little boy. But that doesn't mean he can't go potty in the toilet, so we're working on it. He also likes to name his poop when he makes it in the toilet. This might be a bit gross, but it's also kinda funny, so here goes: He had one that was like a pile with a tall pointy part sticking up, he said it was a golf club. He has also made one that he said was a snake. Every time he goes he wants to show everyone, telling me to leave it in the toilet so Dad can see it. But we don't. I think he's just really proud that he is pooping in the toilet...heck, after all the problems he's had with constipation, I'm just happy he's going. So he can call it what he wants, as far as I'm concerned.
The boys ride the bus home together & have sat by each other both days. When they got home yesterday I had them tell me about their day & Ethan said, "It was good, but it was LONG."
Kamden said, (speaking rather loud & fast) "I had so much fun, I didn't even use the bathroom the whole time!"...then he ran off to use the bathroom.
I asked who their new friends were & Ethan said he made 3 friends but couldn't remember their names.
Kamden said "All of them. They're all my friends." Then he went on to excitedly tell me about the snack box & the yummy granola bars they'd had. Then he got a picture from his backpack & gave it to Owen to hang on his bedroom wall. He gave him another one today & if he brings him one every day there are going to be a lot of holes in Owen's bedroom wall.
It really warmed my heart when both Ethan & Kamden told me they played together on their last recess both days of school. I can just imagine them out there on the playground, running around in their own little world & playing ball together. They were both pretty impressed today when Ethan threw Kamden the ball & he caught it AND SPUN AROUND. I mean, how cool is that? I'm so glad that they are such good buddies.
Ethan's only complaint is that he doesn't like the lunchroom because it's so crowded & there's nowhere to sit, but then he said he sits by his friends, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Kamden had a hard time today before we left because he thought he only had school 3 times & wasn't very happy when I told him it's 5 days a week. But he was thrilled to hop out of the car & hurry toward the playground when I took him & when he got home he said it was "Awesome."
We were impressed with both of their teachers & really think they will both have a great experience this year. It's odd having only Owen home, but I'm sure we'll both adjust as the year goes on. But I can't deny that it's so much easier running errands & grocery shopping with only 1 kid instead of 3, racing through the aisles & pretending to be ninjas while I ignore the irritated glances from other shoppers.
I love that the boys are so excited about school & learning, & though it's a bit sad that they are growing up so fast, I'm excited for them to have such fun experiences & to watch them learn & grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment