I'm pretty sure that this kid was sent to me to remind me to laugh. He always has a snarky comeback and plenty of attitude to back it up, and he has always been able to speak his mind and be himself.
I hope those qualities stick with him.
Here are some of the things he has said lately:
While grocery shopping I told him we needed to get laundry detergent so we walked down the aisle. Kamden doesn't read yet but he pointed to one and said "Mom, get this one! It has the stain fighting power of Oxy-Clean!"
I asked him how he knew that and he said "The guy on TV told me."
"Mom, who do you think would get me a dead bird?"
"What do you want a dead bird for?"
"So I could look at it. Do you think Uncle George would get me one?"
"You want Uncle George to kill a bird just so you can look at it?"
"No. I would pull it's feathers out, too."
"Mom, who do you think would get me a dead bird?"
"What do you want a dead bird for?"
"So I could look at it. Do you think Uncle George would get me one?"
"You want Uncle George to kill a bird just so you can look at it?"
"No. I would pull it's feathers out, too."
When he said something a bit too sassy to me I told him that he broke my heart.
"No I didn't. You'd be dead."
In Preschool they had Show & Tell and Kamden chose to take his plastic Rhinoceros. When I asked him what he was going to say about it he said "That it kills stuff."
A few of the kids' moms from Preschool are pregnant or just had babies and one day while going to football practice Kamden said, "Mom, you'd better not have a baby in your stomach."
I told him he didn't have to worry about that and he said,
"Good. But if you did, it better be a boy and not a girl."
I asked him why and he told me,
"Because we would name it Praying Mantis...
or Red Rodrigo."
When I took Kamden to register for Kindergarten he LOVED going around the gym doing the different activities like getting his eyes tested and meeting the librarian who had a puppet that I think was a badger or something. He met a few of the Kindergarten teachers and then it was time to go. The kids were out at recess and he thought he was going to get to start school right then and there and started heading for the playground. I asked him where he was going and he said over his shoulder, matter-of-factly, "I'm goin' to school!" When I told him he couldn't go he came back, his head hung in disappointment. I explained that he didn't start school until August and asked him what he planned on doing when the kids had to go back inside after recess. He said he was just going to go with them and find a class. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had. On the way home he asked me if I knew why he was so excited about school and he said, "Recess! It's gonna be awesome!" While pumping his fist in the air. Hopefully he maintains his enthusiasm when he discovers that it's a lot more than time on the playground.
If Kamden is ever injured between the legs he says one of three things:
1. "Ow! My tenders!" another variation of this one is "I split my tenders!"
2. "Oooh, my coconuts!"
3. "Mo-om, he went right for my weak spot!"
(This is usually his response when one of his brothers is the cause of his injury)
When I took Kamden to register for Kindergarten he LOVED going around the gym doing the different activities like getting his eyes tested and meeting the librarian who had a puppet that I think was a badger or something. He met a few of the Kindergarten teachers and then it was time to go. The kids were out at recess and he thought he was going to get to start school right then and there and started heading for the playground. I asked him where he was going and he said over his shoulder, matter-of-factly, "I'm goin' to school!" When I told him he couldn't go he came back, his head hung in disappointment. I explained that he didn't start school until August and asked him what he planned on doing when the kids had to go back inside after recess. He said he was just going to go with them and find a class. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had. On the way home he asked me if I knew why he was so excited about school and he said, "Recess! It's gonna be awesome!" While pumping his fist in the air. Hopefully he maintains his enthusiasm when he discovers that it's a lot more than time on the playground.
If Kamden is ever injured between the legs he says one of three things:
1. "Ow! My tenders!" another variation of this one is "I split my tenders!"
2. "Oooh, my coconuts!"
3. "Mo-om, he went right for my weak spot!"
(This is usually his response when one of his brothers is the cause of his injury)
Here is a conversation between Kamden & I:
"What do you want to do this summer, Kamden?"
"I wanna milk a cow."
"You wanna milk a cow?"
"Yep. A baby cow."
"You can't milk the babies. Only the mommas."
"Why not the Dads?"
Whenever we are in the car or anywhere with music, Kamden HAS to dance. When we have the radio on he always wants a "Rockin' Song!" Which is basically 80's-style-rock or anything with a fast beat and lots of heavy guitar.
Some of his favorites are:
Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody
Pat Benatar Hit Me With Your Best Shot
& the one he likes the most right now is
Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People
(Which isn't really rockin' but he knows all of the words & asks for it all of the time)
The boys got bunk beds and when it's Kamden's turn for family prayer at night he always remembers to thank Heavenly Father for his bunk bed. Lately he has been so willing to say the prayer and get ready for Church on Sunday, it's been AMAZING.
The funniest one was when we were driving in the car and Kamden noticed Ethan's knee that is starting to scab over after a scooter crash. I heard him say in the backseat, "Your knee looks bastard!"
I asked him what in the world he was talking about and he said, "Ethan's knee is starting to bastard!"
While trying not to laugh, I hurried to correct him, "No! It's starting to BLISTER!"
*He wasn't really saying "Bastard" but the way he was pronouncing blister, it sounded like it. He's been doing Speech Therapy for a year & a half now and has been making some great progress, but every once in awhile he has some difficulty with a word. So don't judge me, I don't say "Bastard" in front of my 5-year-old. But you just said it in your head about 4 times :)
Although sometimes he can have too much attitude, Kamden can be the sweetest, most caring kid. He has a deep love for his family and just a few weeks ago after Ethan crashed his scooter resulting in lots of cuts, scrapes, and bruises, Kamden helped Ethan inside where he immediately started cleaning Ethan's wounds. He loves his aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents and misses his Dad when he's out of town, wanting to call him several times a day and always asking when he's coming home.
He loves animals, even though he wants a dead bird to look at, and he brings me so many flowers and dandelions sometimes I have to remind him not to pick flowers from other people's yards. He can be so sweet and tender and gives great hugs and kisses, squeezing so tight and pressing his kiss into my cheek as hard as he can until I say "Yowzah!" I love his deep brown eyes and the sound of his uncontrollable laughter, his love of music and endless energy. Though he can be very impatient and at times I wonder if I'm the mother he needs, he tries so hard to be good and is so quick to forgive. Every day he shows me how to enjoy life.
*He wasn't really saying "Bastard" but the way he was pronouncing blister, it sounded like it. He's been doing Speech Therapy for a year & a half now and has been making some great progress, but every once in awhile he has some difficulty with a word. So don't judge me, I don't say "Bastard" in front of my 5-year-old. But you just said it in your head about 4 times :)
Although sometimes he can have too much attitude, Kamden can be the sweetest, most caring kid. He has a deep love for his family and just a few weeks ago after Ethan crashed his scooter resulting in lots of cuts, scrapes, and bruises, Kamden helped Ethan inside where he immediately started cleaning Ethan's wounds. He loves his aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents and misses his Dad when he's out of town, wanting to call him several times a day and always asking when he's coming home.
He loves animals, even though he wants a dead bird to look at, and he brings me so many flowers and dandelions sometimes I have to remind him not to pick flowers from other people's yards. He can be so sweet and tender and gives great hugs and kisses, squeezing so tight and pressing his kiss into my cheek as hard as he can until I say "Yowzah!" I love his deep brown eyes and the sound of his uncontrollable laughter, his love of music and endless energy. Though he can be very impatient and at times I wonder if I'm the mother he needs, he tries so hard to be good and is so quick to forgive. Every day he shows me how to enjoy life.
No comments:
Post a Comment