Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Hissing Goose

 Yesterday we stopped to feed the ducks and as soon as we walked up, this mean old goose came around the corner, rushing toward us and hissing. I don't think I'd ever heard a goose hiss before and it was pretty scary. Kamden and Owen threw their bread and ran back to the car. I was afraid of what might happen when we ran out of bread, so I tossed mine quickly and joined them while Jeff and Ethan risked their lives to feed until all the bread was gone.
Thankfully, no one had nightmares about the hissing goose last night.
There were also a few pretty swans, but they stayed in the water and pushed the ducks away so they got most of the bread that didn't go to the hissing goose.
Next time we will have to find some nicer ones to feed.

No comments: