Several weeks ago Mr.Bob called to inform us that he would be stopping by to get a few of his things. In preparation for his arrival, we hurried to water the trees that we haven't killed yet and disposed of the ones that we have. Thankfully Kamden is on top of the situation and we are crossing our fingers that no more trees, flowers, or shrubery of any kind will die off...
More exciting than the arrival of Mr.Bob, my sister, two nieces, and my nephew drove all the way to Orofino to pay us a visit and check out the homestead.
The boys & I met them in Lewiston and did a little shopping before leading the way to our mountain. I was a bit disappointed as I had hoped to be able to be in the car with Kristen during her first trip up...I can only imagine her reaction to the mountain road.
But I'm sure my imaginings are pretty accurate.
In honor of the first BSU game on Saturday she brought along a bag of blue & orange tortilla chips. Which turned the children's tongues coordinating colors.
Shortly after they arrived, Logan ventured down to explore the pond. I was worried he might run into a rattlesnake, but he returned unharmed.
Can you spot him?
Meanwhile, Woody & Jesse relaxed in the cool evening air as the sun began to set.
And then, of course, it was time for a
HOT TUB PARTY...
On Saturday the 9 of us plus Pudge loaded into the Yukon and headed up to...
the reservoir where we spent the afternoon boating, playing on the beach, battling the wasps for our lunch, building dams in the sand, collecting various items (including a fishing pole) on the beach left behind after the water level was lowered, and I even learned how to drive the boat.
Logan helps get the boat ready for launch.
The cousins explore the beach.
Pudge works on his tan.
Owen discovered a stick.
Logan & Emily overlooked one of the most important steps of successful tubing.
They forgot to hold on.
Owen loved playing in the dirt & had lots of sound effects to go along with his digging.
Isabelle cruises the reservoir.
Co-Captain Ethan.
Emily & Kamden ride the wake.
The Skipper.
Emily & Isabelle, holding on for dear life.
Ethan is rethinking his decision to ride the tube...
Building sandcastles.
Logan again ventures out on an expidition.
Jeff kneeboarding.
My first time driving the boat.
Emily shows her skills.
At first I suspected this may be the submarine from LOST.
To my disappointment and relief, it was only a floating bathroom.
Kamden was a bit too brave...
All the fun in the sun wore us all out.
We headed home for dinner, Oreo milkshakes, & a movie.
The weekend also included a photo shoot for Logan's senior pictures.
I, however, refuse to believe that he is about to graduate.
I can't be that old.
They headed home Sunday afternoon, despite the protests from the boys & Isabelle.
Thanks for coming to visit us, it was a great weekend!
1 comment:
Looks like you had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment