Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another Week Ends...

Jeff came home Thursday night last week and Friday morning we planned on heading to Declo when we picked Ethan up from school. Several weeks ago we discovered that the crawl space of our house was flooded and Friday morning we found that it had happened again. After pumping out the water and calling a plumber, we were only a bit behind schedule when we picked Ethan up and headed out. Here is Owen's 3 hour drive:
Story Time 
Playing with Mr. Potatohead, then trying on several of his accesssories
Deciding to go with his own glasses
Toe-Sucking
Journaling
Rocking out to some favorite Disney Tunes
I had hoped that he would take a nap on the drive but he didn't even get sleepy until we were nearly there. Jeff went golfing with his dad and a few of his brothers while the boys and I hung out at the house. I figured that if Owen didn't take a nap he would at least go to bed early and sleep through the night...I put him to bed and he screamed and cried for awhile, then I got him up thinking that he would eventually fall asleep. At 9:30 we went to go help decorate for Jeff's cousin's wedding so Grandma stayed at the house with the kids who were all in bed. Owen was still fussing but I just knew he would doze off eventually. We came back around midnight and he was up with Grandma. He succeeded in keeping Jeff & I up most of the night, leaving us both exhausted the next morning when we headed to Pocatello to visit Grandpa Hurst who is in the hospital there. Owen decided he would catch up on some sleep during the ride.
When we got back the boys enjoyed a ride on the lawn mower with Grandpa and Uncle Wade...
Mark suggested I learn to drive his ginormous truck, so I found these sweet boots in one of the closets and set out.
Every good trucker needs an awesome radio name and I decided on "Mother Trucker" for mine.
I was a bit nervous seeing as how I'd never driven anything like that before and Jeff and the boys were all in the truck with us. I couldn't get the gears straight and kept thinking that when I let off the clutch the truck was going to die, but it didn't. My favorite part was driving past houses and honking the loud horn. One little kid was playing outside and covered his ears as we drove by.
I sure don't think I'll be heading out on the road any time soon, but it was a fun experience!
The boys loved playing outside and jumping on the trampoline. I'm pretty sure they wore Grandpa out with all of the rounds of tag they played.
Before we went to the reception Saturday evening, Granpa got in one last ride for the grandkids on the lawn mower.
After almost no sleep Friday night and the fact that Jeff had to drive 5 hours to Orofino on Sunday, we headed home after the reception. It was late when we got home...or early, depending on how you look at it since it was already Sunday by the time we pulled in...and we went to bed and slept until nearly 10:00. 
Jeff is headed back to Orofino for the week...our last week of this...HOORAY!...since he will be in training in Boise all next week before we move. Meanwhile, I've still got a lot of packing to do. 

1 comment:

charly said...

well mother trucker, looks like you had some good times in declo :) glad ur back!