Today was a big day in the Stoker household. Kamden was off to school for the first time. When I took him in for his 4-year check-up, the pediatrician mentioned some concerns about his speech and the pronunciation of several of his letter sounds.
I knew that sometimes people had a hard time understanding what he was saying and even Jeff and I had to have Ethan translate occasionally. But Ethan has never had difficulty knowing what Kamden was trying to say...I guess that's what brothers are for. That, and pinching each other until they scream, which is what they are doing at this very moment. But that's another post...
Anyway, I hadn't been concerned, but she had me take him to the school and have him screened, then tested, then I met with Kamden's "Ladies" as he now refers to them. Every day he asks, "Mom, do I get to go see my Ladies today?"
So...he qualified for Speech Therapy once a week and he has been SO EXCITED to go. Today was his first day and he has been talking about it ever since I picked him up. He got to make a caterpillar out of hearts and he even buckeled it into a seatbelt for the drive home. We ran a few errands and when he got back in the car he said to the caterpillar, "Hello, my Best Buddy!"
I think this will be a really good thing for him to have something of his own and some one-on-one attention without any brothers around. Plus, he gets to work with Mrs. Hale who is just awesome and he LOVES her.
He insisted on taking a backpack this morning and kept saying he needed "school stuff" so he ended up taking a few papers, about a million pens, (which he kept calling pencils) and a little tube of lotion. He's waiting for next Monday to hurry up and get here so he can go see his "Ladies" again.

3 comments:
My Heather, Leah and Alma all had speech therapy work, and now I can't shut them up! No, actually, after they learned to pronounce their letters correctly, they talked really well. It was good for them.
Kade see's the "Ladies" on Monday and loves them.
He is Kinda a Ladies man so I can see how he might love him some ladies! Haha he is so cute I am sure it will help alot and it will be good for him to have his own thing!
Post a Comment