Sunday, January 23, 2011

18 Months

Well, it's official. My little baby is fading away into a big boy, he is now closer to being 2 than he is to being 1. Today was his first time in Nursery and he did really well. He went straight for the closet full of toys and showed me a few things, then decided the new toys were more exciting than mom, so I snuck out. I did sneak a peek through the window awhile later and it about broke my heart to see him having so much fun, coloring with markers at a table with the big kids. Jeff said he even checked on him and they were having story time, Owen was just sitting there quietly listening.
I do have to admit that when church was over and I could hear Owen crying and saying "Mommy!" from down the hall, I couldn't help but smile. When the parents started showing up for the kids he realized that his weren't there yet, and he decided he still needs us.
And it's nice to be needed, especially by someone so adorable.

2 comments:

Kay Jones said...

It sounds like he's he kind of child the nursery leader loves to have in class.

charly said...

aww... holly! who could never need you? ....did that totally sound dumb? ha ha ha ha. well im just sayin, of course your babies (well more like boys) need you! you's a good mommy.
happy 18th months owen!