Wednesday, December 15, 2010

28 Things I love about Holly

(Not in a specific order)

1. I love that she agreed to marry me for "Time and all Eternity"

2. I love that she made me a father and has blessed us with three wonderful boys

3. I love that she has taught the boys how to love us as parents and each other
(Actually she still working hard on this one...not her fault though "boys will be boys")

4. I love that she trys to give the boys the kind of cakes they ask for...and has impressed me everytime

5. I love that she is great at making other things too. Check out her recent post "Projects"

6. I love that when she throws a party she always goes overboard, even if it's a "stupid football game"

6. I love that she is still with me even though she suffered through me fixing up our house and dealing with things from cold weather, black dust, frozen pipes and much much more

7. I love that she has helped me improve my clothing selection. Some days I come home from work a morning she didn't get a good look at me and say "don't tell me you wore that today"
(for those that don't know I am color blind and I don't mix and match really well)

8. The gentleman who married us told us to always hold hands and I haven't been the best at it but...
I love that her hand fits just right in mine

9. I love that she has dark hair...
A quick story on this is my dad thought Holly colored her hair the first time they met.

10. I love that she has a great love for her family and we have the opportunity of living close to them

11. I love that she is so caring that she is always thinking about others and helps out when someone is in need

12. I love that she takes pictures and captures our families' life moments

13. I love that she goes to church with me and supports me in my callings

14. I love that she believes in the power of prayer

15. I love that she is forgiving

16. I love that she doesn't like to sleep in the bed without me and she doesn't like it when I fall asleep before her

17. I love that she keeps a clean house
With four boys (me included in that) it's hard to do so

18. I love that she is a great cook
Even though I'm a pretty picky eater

19. I love that she has put up with my career explorations
I have held 8 different work positions and am waiting to hear about a 9th and hope to make that my career

20. I love to take trips with Holly...long or short

21. I love her home decorating skills

22. I love that she puts up with my forgetfullness

23. I love to come home from work and receive a hug from her

24. I love her strength
What I mean by that...is when I am sick I am a big baby...when she is sick she still gets up and takes care of the kids and get them where they need to be

25. I love that she made our home a refuge from the outside world and we can feel secure there

26. I love that she is so willing to be there for our kids
Already being so busy she has volunteered to be one of Ethan's room mothers

27. I love that she is my best friend

28. I love that she loves me

I could have not asked for a better wife to have. Happy Birthday Holly!
(sorry to all the bloggers...I don't have the skills to blog like Holly)

5 comments:

The Kelly Variety said...

Wow Holly, I don't think I'll let Mike read this. . .he might start to expect things! Happy Birthday!

Kay Jones said...

I don't blog either Jeff, but I love this! Good for both of you.
Aunt Kay

dianeb said...

the perfect blog post Jeff!
HOlly is AMAZING!
HOPE IT WAS A GREAT BDAY HOLLY!

charly said...

That was aweseome! What a great birthday gift! HAPPY BIRHDAY HOLLY!

Unknown said...

Yay! Holly, you da man!