Friday, March 26, 2010

Accomplishments

There have been a lot of accomplishments around here the last few weeks. We finally got around to taking Ethan's training wheels off his bike (something he's been asking to do since last summer). As soon as Jeff took the training wheels off, he held the bike while Ethan jumped on & he took off without anyone beside him. He was ready! He is still working on getting on the bike & going without someone to steady the bike, but once he gets started he does great. He seems to be growing up so fast, I'm glad he still needs us to hold the bike before he pedals off into the great big world. Or at least to the other side of the next door neighbor's house before he has to turn around.
Several weeks ago in Primary, Kamden's class learned about seeds & they each got to bring home a bean seed that was buried beneath the soil. You just have to look at the picture to tell how much that boy cares about his little bean plant. I just told him to hold the cup & look at the camera so I could get a picture & this is what he did. Each day we check the bean plant & are amazed at how tall it is getting. I just have to say that this is the first thing that I have ever remembered to water & actually grew from a seed...not to take away Kamden's thunder, but I also feel some pride in the bean plant.
Mr. Owen has been sitting up for a few weeks now, though he does still do the occasional face plant when he tries to reach for something that is too far away. He rolls all over the place & if we set him down, he is never in the same spot for long! He has been saying "Mama" for awhile but recently started saying "Dada" & he still enjoys blowing raspberries & carrying on lengthy conversations. One of his favorite things to do is sit in front of my full length mirror & talk to his reflection. He was 8 months old earlier this week & the time just continues to fly by.  
Jeff has been playing on the ward basketball team, serves as the Young Men's President, works hard to support our family, & continues to be an amazing father & wonderful husband. We recently discovered where the 2 annoying birds are getting into our attic & are hoping that will be a successful accomplishment in keeping them out. They wake us up early every morning with their ruckus & if you know me, you know I appreciate my sleep. My recent accomplishments have been cleaning out every closet in the house along with the storeroom. I'm feeling much more organized with a less-cluttered home! We are enjoying the warmer weather when we get it & the boys are very excited for Easter. They are both hoping the Easter Bunny will bring them Light Sabers to appease their obsession with Star Wars, though I'm not sure if the Easter Bunny will be in his right mind giving those two weapons...

2 comments:

Hodges Family said...

Your boys are growing to fast! I think the easter bunny would be awesome if he gave those boys some weapons hahaha.

a harper girl said...

Thats too funny about Kamden... I think Lexi had the same primary activity except she's growing grass. We both get excited to check it and see how much its grown!
All your boys are so cute and those are some great accomplishments!