Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ethan had his check up this morning-he weighs 39.2 pounds, putting him in the 40th percentile for weight and outweighing Kamden by exactly 1 pound-but he is in the 90th percentile for height and has always been tall for his age. The worst part of the entire day was when it came time for shots. Kamden had to get a booster shot for his flu vaccine and started freaking out before the nurse even came in to give the shot. Then Ethan hid in the corner saying "I'm staying right here!" because he knew he was next.
Kamden, through his tears, was yelling, "I don't want my brother to get a shot! I don't want my brother to get a shot!"
I'm sure they are both going to be traumatized for the rest of their lives; I can still remember getting vaccines when I was little. So they both were crying and I had to pry Ethan's death-grip from my arms and pretty much hold him down while he got 4 shots and screamed bloody murder, all while Kamden pressed up against the door trying to get as far away from all the carnage as possible.
Ethan is still milking it for all it's worth-he's been limping around and sniffling while asking for bandaids and making certain we are noticing his suffering.
Yep, deffinitley an event from their childhood they'll remember.

But, thanks to my brother Ryan and a family day-pass to the Discovery Center, I was able to redeem myself somewhat. They spent nearly 2 hours exploring the different exhibits and Kamden didn't want to leave the little grocery store section. At least I know I'll have someone to help me bag my groceries if I ever need it!


1 comment:

Campbell Family said...

It was so fun to catch up on your blog. I didn't get to check blogs for a couple of weeks! Happy late birthday to Ethan! Haylee thinks the world of him too! The Discovery center looks like a lot of fun....we'll have to all go sometime.