
Christmas morning did not go according to plan. Ethan woke up at 3am and vommited. When I took him back to bed I found Kamden had also thrown up and was sleeping in it. So I got him up and Jeff helped him shower while I cleaned it up and loaded the bedding into the washer. Ethan followed me downstairs and saw that Santa had already come and gone; the milk cup was empty, only part of a cookie was left on the plate, the stockings were stuffed, and the boys each found a set of cars under the tree from the Disney movie 'Cars'-one of their favorites. So, before heading back to bed, the boys got to open the cars. We slept in and opened gifts around 9, then spent the rest of the morning relaxing while the boys played with their new treasures.
They were running around and feeling fine, so we joined my family for Christmas dinner as planned. They are doing much better, thankfully I didn't have to spend the holiday cleaning up barf.
It was Owen's first Christmas and he tried really hard to open his gifts. He has been fascinated by the tree lights, sometimes when he's fussy i'll put him on the couch and he will just sit and stare at them.
It was Christmas all over again when Grandma and Grandpa came to visit the next day with more gifts. Then we had Ethan's birthday party that evening and Kamden had a hard time with Ethan getting gifts when he didn't. Ethan was so nice and let his little brother help him open them, but yesterday Kamden was still asking if there were any more presants.
They each got what they'd asked for-Ethan wanted Optimus Prime (it took Jeff about 3 hours plus watching the video on youtube to get it transformed the first time, but he's getting pretty good at it!) and Kamden wanted Chick Hicks and Mr.King from the 'Cars' movie. We had a great Christmas and have enjoyed the time we've been able to spend with our family and friends!
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great christmas! You didn't say what santa brought you!
Trevor and I are laughing our heads off right now. We don't buy our boys transformers for that very reason. Good luck with that one, Jeff.
Post a Comment