Tuesday, August 11, 2009

That's My Dad...

Can I just say that my dad is an awesome water skier? Back in the day he skied in competitions and has several trophies, awards, and newspaper clippings about his skills. Growing up I heard a lot about my dad's skiing but the story that was told most often was that he could ski on a ladder.
I know what you're thinking, that's what I thought too. How can someone ski on a ladder? Well, I've seen it and now you can too because my brother took pictures of it last night:

It's been at least ten years since he last attempted this, so he didn't make it down the ladder quite the way he'd planned, but there's always next time...

So if you're up at the reservior, you just might be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the man skiing on a ladder...that's my dad.

5 comments:

Mary T. said...

That is AWESOME!! I want to see him!! :)

Campbell Family said...

Ive never seen that before! how cool!

Kay Jones said...

I watched your dad do this 'ladder' skiing many years ago. He also did it barefoot. Always amazed me, and he still does! He's an amazing man!

Becca said...

That is crazy intense. How the heck does he stay on?!?!

shannon said...

Go George Go!!!