Sunday, August 30, 2009

I made chocolate chip cookies and brownies today since we were having dinner with friends. I had the cookie dough on the sheets ready to bake when Kamden walked into the kitchen and said "WHAT?!" and got a big smile on his face then said "I LOVE those." so I let him have some cookie dough.
A few minutes later I was putting the brownies on a plate and he came back into the kitchen...he must have a 6th sense about when food is ready...and when he saw the brownies he said "Wow..." and his voice was full of awe and his eyes were huge as he took in the mountain of brownies. He said in a quiet voice, as if he couldn't believe his luck at having both chocolate chip cookies and brownies in our kitchen in one day, he said "I love those." Then he looked at me expectantly, I'm sure remembering that's what he'd said just before I handed over the cookie dough. So I gave him a small brownie.
All of this after I'd let him lick the spactula covered with brownie batter...yes, I know that's a lot of sugar for one little boy in an afternoon, but could you resist this face?


3 comments:

The Kelly Variety said...

I couldn't resist that!

shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shannon said...

Don't ya hate that, you don't want them to have all the sugar, but they are too cute to say no to!