Monday, March 9, 2009

Armpit Hair

My mom and I were driving on Saturday with Ethan in the backseat when he told me to look. I glanced over my shoulder to see him with one arm stuck straight in the air and the sleeve of his shirt pulled up to reveal his armpit. Here's our conversation:

Ethan: "Look, Mom, I have hair in my armpit." (He really doesn't have hair in his armpit but ever since he discovered his dad has hair in his armpit, Ethan's been wondering when he's going to get his own. Don't ask me why.)
Me: "Oh, wow, Ethan. That's pretty cool."
My mom: "What color is the hair?"
Ethan (in a somewhat sarcastic voice): "I don't know. The color of hair." (As if this should have been obvious.)

Then there were a few minutes of silence followed by...
Ethan: "When am I going to get to start wearing that stuff dad puts in his armpits?"
Me: "I guess we'll have to wait and see when your armpits start stinking."
Ethan didn't miss a beat and he made a loud sniffing noise...
Ethan: "Well, they already stink."

Guess it's time for some deoderant?

7 comments:

Mary T. said...

What a funny boy! Aren't they sooo entertaining!!

Lindz_e said...

hehe he sounds like a funny boy

Hodges Family said...

oh my how funny! I hope he doesn't turn out to be the smelly kid in class!

Kalia said...

ha ha!!!

Ashley Reno said...

That is so funny. I can't believe he is only 4!

Puterbaughs said...

Thank you for sharing this made me chuckle. Kids are so funny sometimes.

shannon said...

The conversations you post between you and Ethan ALWAYS crack me up.