
The last few weeks have been filled with all things Christmas; parties, shopping, planning, decorating, and wrapping. Ethan was asked to participate in the Primary Christmas Program and to dress up as a Shepherd. When I told him about it he said "No, I won't be that. I will be a chicken or a bird."
I finally convinced him that neither of those was an option and when I told him he could have a stick to poke the sheep with, that sealed the deal. He was only too disappointed when there were no sheep in the program. He made up for it later that week when we went to my parents' house and he convinced my mom to be his sheep.
We finally had a little snow and it was all I could do to keep Ethan inside until a decent hour of the morning. The snow didn't last very long and he's been on the watch for it to come back.
Kamden has been depriving us of our much-needed sleep by pulling stunts like waking up at 4 in the morning or staying up until 4 in the morning. I'm not sure what happened to our little guy that slept through the night but we are anxiously awaiting his return!
For some reason, Kamden has also started really accentuating his K's by dragging them out and adding a gurgly, saliva-filled sound to them. He now says "Milk-k-k-k" and does that to words like "work" "drink" or anything ending in K. I'm not doing it justice by writing this because I don't quite know how to get the whole gurgling, gravely, almost-choking sound in with it.
Both of the boys have a few new obesessions-the first is the movie CARS. Kamden got several of the little cars for his birthday and he HAS to have one when he goes to bed or takes a nap. Kamden also spends several hours of the day being our 'Puppy' and crawls around the house, climbs up in our laps, and barks. He and Ethan sometimes really get into it and request that their food and drinks be served on the floor.
The boys borrowed a Lion King movie last month while we were Visiting Teaching and have a new obsession with Simba. If they aren't being puppies, then we have two very loud lions roaming the house. They also really enjoy taking the cushions and pillows off the couch for some reason, I've lost track of how many times a day this happens and have almost given up on keeping it together.
They are both enjoying the Christmas season and anytime we go somewhere Ethan always wants to know if we can look at the Christmas lights. He keeps asking how many days until Santa comes and the answer is never good enough becaus he "doesn't want it to take that many days". He's also very interested in what Santa is going to bring him and when asked what he would like Santa to leave under the tree it's always something different. Too bad Santa has already finished his Christmas shopping!
So that's a little of what's been keeping us busy the last little while. We have 3 parties this weekend and next week we will be getting ready for my sister to come stay with us and for the Christmas party with my family. Only 13 days until Christmas!
3 comments:
Oh so busy! Your boys are to funny tell kamden he needs to come visit bowo!
Happy birthday today!
Busy times, but fun sounds like!!! What cuties!! We are considering doing a Christmas party, I just have to decide whether or not I want my house trashed by my friends' kids since we live in an apartment with no yard. But, we're finding little ways to celebrate the season and I just bought Justin a surprise gift that he'll love, so I'm excited!! It's our first Christmas to throw together alone, kinda freaky!! Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment