Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Week

This week has been full of recouperating from the Vegas trip (it's always nice to come home but the laundry seems to take FOREVER!) and getting ready for Thanksgiving while enjoying time with family. On Wednesday the boys helped me make apple, lemon, banana cream, chocolate, blackberry, and 2 pumpkin pies. This is the first time I ever made pie crust that didn't involve a box and unrolling the premade dough and it turned out really well. I even peeled and sliced the apples, making the filling from scratch! I was very proud of myself.
That night we went to my parents' house and set tables, made rolls, and did all of the prep work we could before Thursday. Jeff got to go play football with a group of guys at the elementary school and conveniently got home as we were finishing preparing the meal :) So I didn't feel too bad for him when he complained of his old, sore body for the next day and a half.
My nieces stayed the night with us Thursday night and the next morning we went with my sister Kristen and two of my nephews to Target. This is the first time I've gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving and we didn't get there until 11 and it was still pretty crazy.
Then we went and saw Twilight and I'm keeping my opinions to myself because I'm going to go see it with Callie and maybe it'll be like the first time I saw Napolean Dynamite.
That night we ate nachos and watched movies at my parents' house and on Saturday I went to lunch with Kristen before she left town. Then we spent some time catching up around the house and Jeff got the garden tilled and my flower baskets taken down for the winter. It seems wierd that tomorrow is December 1st and we've actually had some pretty nice weather latley and it hasn't snowed here yet. Hopefully we'll at least get some snow for Christmas! Ethan keeps getting his sled out of the storeroom but there's only so much you can do with it on grass and gravel.
The boys have runny noses and coughs, only the begining of the winter-sick-season but hopefully we'll have an easier/healthier go of it this year. Last year it felt like I couldn't keep them healthy for anything and I'm pretty sure I was solely responsible for keeping the cold medicine and tissue companies in business.
Tonight we're celebrating our good friend Joe's birthday and after the candles were blown out Kamden grabbed one of the burned matches and, of course, ate it. He also pooped in the bathtub last night, so life's back to normal after a busy and hectic week.

Here are some pictures of the boys playing football with Jeff, Ryan, and Joe. I have no idea what's going on with Kamden's hat.




2 comments:

Dana Williams said...

You can have any recipe you want. I'll write them down and give them to you although with the cheesecake recipes I did make the coconut one up (trying to copy the cheesecake factories). It is not perfected. Glad that your Thanksgiving went well and your trip sounded fun.

Anonymous said...

Glad your Thanksgiving was wonderful! We all have colds now too. Not fun. And, I was more accepting of Twilight the second time, so hope you like it even more!