Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Denver Road Trip...

Jeff's brother, Tyler, is a Miami Dolphins fan and Jeff has been a Denver Broncos fan since the begining of time. So, when Tyler called to let us know the two teams were playing each other in Denver the day before Jeff's birthday, it was a great opportunity for a road trip AND a birthday gift!






We left Friday night after trick-or-treating and stayed with Jeff's parents before heading out the next morning. {Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for watching the boys!}
We stayed with Jeff's Aunt Darla and Uncle Glen that evening and that alone made the trip worthwhile, they are so fun! Darla makes delicious stew and the best fried eggs I've ever had and Glen makes BEAUTIFUL furniture-I need to send Jeff to stay with them for a few weeks so he can learn! They have a lovely home and we appreciate them letting us stay with them.
Denver was an interesting experience and I learned two things:
1. I never want to drive in Denver again
and
2. I have GOT to learn how to change a tire
We stayed with Darla and Glen again that night and we stopped to see Shannon-we were roommates and hadn't seen each other in a year and a half.
Then we picked the boys up and headed home, spending about 10 hours driving that day. It was a really fun road trip and the time passed quickly, but it's always nice to come home! (Except that I have a TON of laundry to do today AND Kamden pooed in the bathtub this morning)








2 comments:

Hodges Family said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!

Ammie said...

Yeah I don't really enjoy driving in Denver but I got use to it. But if you've only driven in Idaho and then go there its crazy! Its too bad the broncos lost:( I was hoping they would win too!