
Sometimes Ethan says the funniest things, here are a few I wanted to share:
Last year we took the boys to the zoo and there are pictures on the fridge of our trip. Ethan wore a pair of shoes that had a basketball and football on the side of them and he was looking at the pictures. Here is our conversation...
Ethan: Mom, where are my basketball shoes?
Me: I had to put them away in a box.
Ethan: Why?
Me: Because they're too small for you now, they don't fit your feet anymore.
Ethan: Why?
Me: Because your feet grew.
Ethan: Why?
Me: Because your feet grow, just like the rest of your body.
Then he stood there and thought about it for awhile as he looked at the picture. With a shrug of his shoulders he said:
That's dumb.
And then he walked off.
One day Ethan told me I needed to get up and play football. I tried to talk him out of the idea by telling him I didn't know how to play football so he tried to explain to me what happened in the game by saying:
"Boys get girls down."
Sometimes we sing the "Popcorn Popping" song while we drive in the car and when we get to the part about the popcorn popping Ethan holds his hands up to his eyes like he's looking far away and then he gets really excited when he says "I see the popcorn popping, mom!"
Ethan likes to help clean and we had just finished the upstairs bathroom. He tried to pick up 3 different bottles of cleaner and then said "How about you take two and I'll take one?" I told him that sounded like a good idea so we proceeded to pick up the bottles to take them downstairs. Then Ethan continued the conversation by telling me he "didn't have enough arms because he needed more arms". So I asked him where he was going to get more arms and he told me "I'll die and go to Jesus."
I asked him "And then you'll come back with more arms?"
He replied, "Yea." like it was a dumb thing for me to even ask.
I was fixing my hair one morning and Ethan came in and told me I needed to get out, quick. When I asked why, he said it was because he needed to poop and it was going to stink so bad that I might die.
One evening we drove up to the dam because Ethan likes to watch the water go over it and while we were in the car he told Jeff and I to look. When we looked back, Ethan was showing us the hair on his arms and then he told us:
"Someday I'll get big and have hair on my legs and in my armpits."
Last week Ethan came downstairs after 'quiet time' and told me that there were a bunch of scary fish in his room. I asked him where they came from and he told me that he got them out in the yard and that we were going to eat them the next time we went to grandma and grandpa's house.
Today Ethan lost my tiny sewing scissors and, after asking him to find them several times, I asked him where they went. He replied, "They went to Mexico."
I told him they couldn't have gotten very far and they had to be around here somewhere so he told me they were "Still in Mexico."
When Jeff pulls in the driveway after work Ethan gets really excited and says to me "Mom, your Honey is home!"
I'm so thankful for the laughter Ethan brings to our home and the smiles he puts on my face throughout the day!
5 comments:
The poop story had me crying! So funny
Ethan, you are a strange and funny son. I love you.
Funny! Don't you just absolutely love this age? I think that it is my favorite.
OK, this is one of your best posts ever. The kids will love looking back and reading the funny things they said, just as I enjoy reading them now.
Sooo Funny!!! It's the little sayings like that, that can't help you but LOVE being a mom!
Post a Comment