Sunday, June 29, 2008
Weekend Recap
Well, this weekend was the big event and Jeff's youngest brother is married! We left Thursday afternoon and picked up the tuxedos on our way down. The rehearsal dinner was that evening at Mark and Becky's house where Kamden decided to take a quick swim in their backyard pond. He had been getting close to the edge the entire evening and before the night was over, I was jumping in to rescue him. Even though I had told Jeff that if Kamden fell in, he needed to be quick and get in there first so I wouldn't have to get wet. Everyone asked if Kamden had taken swimming lessons because when he fell in he started to doggy paddle and managed to keep his head above the water but that was the first time he'd been swimming. And, after a shower and a change of clothes, he was right back out there next to it again. The pond isn't deep, though, and he could have stood up if he hadn't panicked and had gotten his feet under him. I didn't get any pictures because I dropped the camera on the lawn before I went in.
On Friday morning Jeff went golfing because it was "Brian's last request as a bachelor" and how can I say no to that? Jolynne called and invited us to go swimming at a kiddie pool and have a picnic which was really fun. The boys enjoyed playing in the water and cooling off.
The wedding was at 6 that evening and was beautiful, even the heat wasn't too bad. We're glad to welcome Sierra into the family and to add another girl to the group, we're getting a little closer to evening things out!
On Saturday Jeff went golfing again and Ethan joined him for the back nine. We had lunch at Grandma and Grandpa Hurst's and the boys cooled off in the ditch with some of their cousins before we drove home. Both of the boys slept most of the way home; I always enjoy the drive home better than the drive there because by the time we drive home, they are so worn out from playing so hard that the drive back is pretty peaceful. The trip there is a different story because they are both so excited to get there. All I hear from Ethan is "Are we there yet?" even before we've left town!
It was a nice weekend and we were happy to be a part of Brian and Sierra's special day. Thanks Kelly, Mindy, Tyler, & Kaysen for letting us stay with you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
Looks Like a fun weekend was that the burley kiddy pool I remember that! We definatly will need so help I believe brody is in charge of asking Jeff for some Help with big stuff Would it be ok if we still used the Trailer and Truck that evening You Guys are great we owe you dinner at the Triangle! or wherever it will be your choice
Post a Comment