Monday, April 7, 2008

A Day With The Stokers

So, after I cleaned the pen marks off of Ethan's face this morning (see previous post for details) the boys and I went to surprise Jeff at work and pick up a few things for some projects I needed to finish. First we went to Jeff's office and the boys visited Uncle Wade while Jeff finished a few things up. Then we grabbed some lunch before going to a nearby park to eat. The sun didn't stay out long and we had to finish eating in the car, but the boys were glad to get outside and run around for a little bit. Then we took Jeff back to work and the boys and I stopped by a craft store to pick up the wooden letters for the boys' names, paint, ribbon, and then headed home. While the boys took their naps I worked on their names for their bedrooms. Kamden woke up when I was just getting finished and he climbed up on a chair across from me and sat there like a big boy, just happy as could be. He sang some little songs and his favorite song for us to sing is 'If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands' and he loves to clap during the right part. I just couldn't believe how big and grown up he looked, sitting there. Later, while I was doing laundry, a Wiggles video was playing in our room and Kamden plopped himself down on the floor, laying on his tummy. I had to take a picture because that's the first time I've seen him do that.
Ethan woke up and helped me put the sports balls on his name before helping me hang the finished projects up. The vinyl frames I made were actually the project from last Wednesday's lunch bunch but it's been sitting on my table since then so I decided to get it done. The frames say "Forever" "For Always" "No Matter What" and I really like them with the red ribbon. If you want to order some vinyl, remember to check out Chit Chat Creations! Have a great Monday Night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your projects! Very fun!

a harper girl said...

The letters are so cute! I did those for Lexi and hers are a lot smaller and don't have the adorable detail on them. Where do you get your great project ideas from?

Holly said...

I've seen the letters lots of places, the next thing I want to do is find a really big 'S' for Stoker and paint it either black or dark brown, sand the edges, and put it on an easel in our front room. I get my projects from lots of places, mostly things I see in friends' houses or in stores that I figure I can just do myself for a lot less!