Thursday, March 6, 2008

Underground Tour

After checking into the hotel, we headed to Pioneer Square for Bill Speidel's Underground Tour. In 1889 there was a fire in Seattle and the city rebuilt on top of itself. The tour is guided and lasts 90 minutes and I'd deffinatley reccomend it. It was really interesting seeing the remains of American life 119 years ago. I found myself wondering about the people who had once walked those same sidewalks, owned the few possessions that were recognizable, or ran the shops, hotels, and the bank. After the tour there is a little museum/gift shop that you walk through where there are better preserved artifacts like the dress in the slideshow.
When the tour ended, we walked through the city some more while debating on where to eat dinner. We called Jeff's cousin, Aaron, who lives near Seattle and met him at Ivar's. (Thanks for the recommendation, Megan!) The food was really good and we had a nice time visiting with Aaron. Too bad his wife was out of town, I was looking forward to meeting her. Hopefully another time, though.

No comments: