Monday, March 17, 2008

Our Week

Another week has gone by and I can hardly believe it! Last Monday Jeff listed our car for sale and we sold it that night. So, good-bye 13-miles-per-gallon SUV, and hello 30-miles-per-gallon Hyundai Elantra! Jeff will be driving the Hyundai now since it gets better gas mileage and he commutes to work every day, and I've got the Dodge Stratus. It isn't as roomy as the Chevrolet TrailBlazer I was driving, but it gets us where we need to go.
On Wednesday I went to the church in the morning to help decorate for the Young Women's New Beginings that night. I had my cell phone in my purse and it was on key-lock so I didn't think anything of it when I heard some buttons getting pushed as I got out of the car. When I got into the church my phone started ringing and I answered only to hear "This is 911 Emergency Response, we've received two calls from this number. Is there a problem?" Ah! I had to explain what had happened and I still can't believe that I'd accidentally dialed 911 twice! Unless I just hit the redial button the second time, that seems more likely.
On Thursday we went car shopping in between my two trips to the church to help get ready for our Relief Society Birthday Party. We had a pasta and chicken dish that I could live off of, along with garden salad, garlic bread, and lemon cheesecake. The decorations were so cute, we set nine tables with different colored tablecloths and for the centerpieces we used cake pedestals with a pair of high-healed "Cha-Cha" shoes, beads, and a purse that all went together. We played Purse Bingo and whoever won at each table got a paper purse full of Hershey Kisses. There were two speakers that were really good and then Sierra and I gathered my things and escaped before getting caught in the clean-up. I figured since I'd already spent over five hours helping to set up and fix the dinner, I could skip out. I was SO excited when Di showed up on my porch an hour later with a bowl full of pasta and a bag of garlic bread!
On Friday we went car shopping again and decided on the Hyundai Elantra and purchased it before heading out of town. We drove to Mark and Becky's house and stayed there that night and on Saturday the four of us rode with Wade, Lauren, Brad, and Brian to Bountiful, Utah to be with Jeff's older brother, Tyler, and his wife, Jolynne, and their two children as they were sealed as a family in the temple.

It was a special day and well worth the trip. Though we almost didn't make it, we left at 7:45 that morning and hit stand-still traffic on the interstate between Snowville and Tremonton. We found out there were several semi-trucks wrecked up ahead and it was going to be awhile. So we turned around and managed to get onto the Frontage road. We drove past the trucks that were causing the wait on the freeway and some were jack-knifed, some were on their sides, and we also saw several cars that had been smashed pretty badly. On the frontage road we almost slammed into a car that was parked in the middle of the road and there was a mini-van stuck in the snow off the road. We asked if they needed help but they didn't have a tow-strap and neither did we and they said they were okay, so we continued on. We saw a few more wrecks before we made it back to the interstate and even got stopped once more waiting for traffic. We really didn't think we'd make it and we barely did. Yesterday we heard that there were about thirty accidents on that stretch of the freeway.
Afterwords we all went out to eat before heading back.






On Saturday night we played games and here are a few pictures of Charades:




I think Wade was being a ballerina but I can't remember what Jeff and Brian were doing.
Ethan and his cousin, Addison, were busy setting up a 'birthday party' though we didn't figure out who's party it was. They made themselves a little bed on the window bench and were telling each other 'night-night'.


Sunday we went to church, had dinner, and we left around 6. We got about a mile down the road when we realized we had a flat tire so Brian came and we put Ethan and Kamden in the truck and I took them back to Mark and Becky's while Jeff and Brian changed the tire. Thankfully Mark knew the owner of a tire store well enough to call and have someone meet us. It all took about an hour before we were back on the road and ready to go. Kamden slept for an hour, Ethan slept the entire way, and they both slept through the night!
This morning Ethan has been aksing "Where are we going today?" I told him we're staying home for about six months!

No comments: