Wednesday, December 5, 2007

This Week


This week has gone by so fast, I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday already!

Last weekend Ethan and I went Christmas shopping with Grammy and Papa. Ethan did a great job of helping pick out gifts for his cousins, maybe too good of a job since he wanted everything for himself! Later that night we wrapped some presents and Ethan wore his Santa hat while he put them under Grammy's tree.

On Sunday Ethan got to help his Aunt Shelly decorate her Christmas tree after church. In nursery they are having a Christmas party this weekend at our house and Mr. and Mrs. Claus are coming so we're trying to get ready for that. While we were shopping on Saturday we saw Santa in WalMart and in Cabela's. Ethan didn't want anything to do with him in WalMart but when we went to Cabela's I talked him into getting his picture with Santa. I had to be in the picture too, but whatever works. In his prayers tonight he said he was thankful for Santa, so maybe this weekend he'll be more willing to get a picture with him. Or maybe he's just trying to score more points for presents?

Kamden took his first steps yesterday! I had been sitting on the tv room floor and I was working on a project and he'd been trying to get the scissors so I hid them up on the couch where he couldn't reach them. He had a piece of tape in each hand and when he saw me hide the scissors, he stood up and took two steps to the couch! Then, when I went into the kitchen, he was crawling behind me and when I didn't hear him anymore I turned around to see where he was, and he was just standing there staring at me like it was no big deal. He also took a few steps when Jeff got home that night and then later at my brother's house he walked a little more. Pretty soon he'll be off and running.

We've got Christmas lights up on half of the house, Jeff's still trying to decide if he dares try to put them up on the steep part, but last year he said he would 'next year' so we'll see what happens.

This morning Ethan and I made a Gingerbread house out of graham crackers and some leftover Halloween candy. We also had some peppermints and a few candy canes that Santa gave him in the store last weekend, so we put them on, too. Ethan even picked out which window on the house is his, you can kind of see it on the side of the house.

So that's a little of what's been going on here this week, hope you're all well and getting ready for Christmas! It's less than three weeks away!

No comments: