Sunday, December 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

I turned 25 yesterday. I got a little depressed when I realized that in five years I'll be thirty and that I am now officially halfway to fifty. But, for being 25, I feel like I've accomplished a lot in life and can't wait to see what the next twenty-five years bring. I remember thinking that I'd get married right around the time I turned 25...here I am having just turned 25 and I recently celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary and I have two kids! I guess life rarely turns out the way we plan, but I couldn't imagine spending the last four years without Jeff and I can't picture life without our two sweet boys.

Since my birthday was on a Saturday I got to spend the better part of the morning lounging around the house in my pajamas...a rare luxury for me. I didn't even worry about laundry or dishes! Later that afternoon the four of us headed out for some shopping. I got some great stuff at Bath & Body Works and a few things at Old Navy before we met my mom and pawned the boys off on her. Jeff and I went to a few more stores and I can't even tell you how nice it was to be able to walk around a store and look at whatever I wanted to look at without any temper tantrums or fussy kids. We ate dinner at Red Lobster and then I talked Jeff out of buying me a cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory (I know, I can hardly believe I did that!) We even saw Jeff's Aunt and Uncle walking across the mall parking lot and we stopped and talked with them for a few minutes.
I know this doesn't sound that exciting, but after dinner Jeff and I went grocery shopping. It was the second time in three years that I have been grocery shopping without any kids and probably the third time that Jeff and I have been grocery shopping together during our entire four years of marriage. During that one day, Jeff probably spent more time inside of stores than he does in a year! And he didn't even complain once. I had a great day and enjoyed being able to spend time with my husband.





Today after church we went to mom and dad's for my birthday dinner where we had yummy enchiladas and the best chocolate cake. Ryan, Jeff, Erin, Brian, Sierra, Kylie, and Kelsey all came too.
And, of course, what's a birthday party without a dog pile?

No comments: