Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Chicken and A Moose


We almost didn't get to have Halloween. On Monday Kamden started throwing up and Tuesday night Ethan started. Jeff stayed home from work on Wednesday because he was sick, so I took the boys trick-or-treating since they were feeling better by then.
Ethan was going to be Bob the Builder or "Old McDonald" but last week I saw this idea for a chicken costume using feather boas, and he just had to be the chicken! He called it his "Bock Bock" costume but he sure didn't enjoy wearing it.
Kamden was going to be a cow since that's what Ethan was for his first Halloween and we already had the costume. But in our ward there were ten baby boys born over the last year and the mom's all decided it would be cute if we had ourselves a heard of moose. So we all got together last week and cut out patterns from brown fleece and this week we sewed them together. One of the mom's picked up some reindeer antlers and thought that would be easiest. But I thought the white gloves made cuter antlers so I did those instead. I also made ears, hair, and a little tail on the costume.
Our first stop was at our next door neighbor's house. She's an older lady who lives by herself but her daughter was there helping her hand out candy and they all got a good laugh out of the boys' costumes.
Next we went by my brother's house. He dressed up as a cowboy and Erin was a fairy. Ethan still wasn't quite sure about this whole Halloween thing, so he wouldn't be in the picture with them.
After Uncle Jeff's house we drove up to my sister's house then next door to my parents'. Dad wasn't home yet so mom and I went down the street to a friend's house before going to the trunk-or-treat at the church. Our ward had a dinner before the trunk-or-treat but we just went for the candy! Dad met us there and after the boys got enough candy to last until next Halloween, mom and dad went home and I took the boys out to see my grandparents.
When we got home Kamden got to eat his first Snickers. He got most of the chocolate off of it but I had to take it when he got down to the middle part because he shoved the whole thing in his mouth. He wasn't very happy with me.

Today I need to clean up the trail of feathers that's throughout the house and all over the car!







No comments: