Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving! We had a great day full of turkey, playing games, and being together. And, of course, some football. I love this time of year; watching the leaves change and then seeing the snow fall. The missionaries came and had Thanksgiving dinner with us and one of them is from Florida and has never seen snow! I couldn't imagine that, I love the changing seasons and some of the happiest times in my childhood were spent out in the snow. My brothers and I would stay outside for hours building snow forts and having snowball fights. One year I remember dad helped us build an igloo in the backyard.
This year I am thankful for so many things but I am most thankful for my family. Dan Wilcox once said "I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich." Being a parent myself has only made me appreciate the things my own parents did for me as I was growing up. I wish, somehow, I could have realized that years ago but, like I said, I think it's something that comes with being a parent yourself and seeing exactly what it takes to raise a child.
I'm also grateful for my brothers and sisters and I'm so glad that we can laugh and have fun when we're together."Families are like fudge...mostly sweet with a few nuts."
I'm thankful for my amazing husband and for our beautiful boys. I'm grateful for our health and for a warm house. I often think about others who have so little and wonder why I deserve to be so blessed.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!



No comments: